Happy Thanks Giving! I am thankful today for my family's health, which is not 100% at the moment, but pretty close. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here but I wish we did, the roots of the celebration have nothing to do with any country but America, but the idea of having a day to be thankful is great. We get caught up on our daily lives and sometimes forget we should be grateful every day! But I digress.
Christmas is fast approaching and I would like to share our Advent Calendar with you, here is the template I created last year:
Some people like to have the "remaining days" till Christmas in the Advent Calendar, some people like to just mark the days off like a normal calendar, both versions are available in this template.
Ready in 3 easy steps:
1. Open up the template in Photoshop and add your favourite papers and elements.
2. Print out your project. You can use photographic paper if you are adhering it to cardboard or a wood base, or nowadays there is magnetic adhesive and magnetic paper available if you want to put this up on the fridge or magnetic board.
3. Assemble your tree and have fun counting the days till Christmas.
1. Print another copy of your numbers to pop them up. You can use a 1" circle punch to punch out the numbers.
2. Print circle elements or pattern paper and punch them out with the 1 inch punch. Use Glu Tack or any non permanent/re-positional adhesive to adhere these on top of your numbers.
Instead of crossing off each day, you can just remove the top layer, this way you can recycle the project and use it over and over again :)
Here is the finished tree:
Ribbons and brad from Making Memories, transparent diecut star from Fancy Pants:
Digital papers and elements are from a retired kit by Michelle Coleman.
Happy Scrapping! In the mean time I am taking it easy with the kids, now that every one is over the flu we need some healing rest. But I will be back on Sunday with the Pencil Lines template ;)